Search A Rebel Hand
Posts people go to most
- Was Sarah murdered? Is she a famous ghost?
- On board the convict ship (for Australian National Family History Week)
- A 'Girl Announcer' confesses... Trove Tuesday post
- Australia Day Challenge 2014: C'mon Aussie
- The cook, the thieves, the prostitute and the postillion - convicts transported to Australia
- My ancestor was from London - where do I start?
- Follow A Rebel Hand on WordPress.com
Link to ‘A Rebel Hand’ website
Tag Archives: Deptford
It’s New Year’s Eve, a time when people drink too much look back on the past year and assess their achievements – and the things that didn’t quite go to plan. And it’s too easy for many of us to … Continue reading
This is a tale of larceny and pubs – and a certain amount of naivety. The combination was disastrous for James Thomas Richards, a 20-year-old Thames waterman, and lucky for me, since he’s my great-great grandfather and met my 2x … Continue reading
Deep into Deptford’s history, that is, looking for secrets in the streets. And possibly finding my great-great-great-great grandparents – how exciting! Today, June 9th, is International Archives Day and I’m hugely grateful to all the archivists and the archives, small … Continue reading