Search A Rebel Hand
Posts people go to most
- Was Sarah murdered? Is she a famous ghost?
- What else was happening in Australia?
- On board the convict ship (for Australian National Family History Week)
- The Factory above the Gaol - women convicts in 1818
- Tombstone Tuesday: Sarah's haunted grave
- How did Nicholas Delaney die? A murder mystery (Trove Tuesday post)
- Follow A Rebel Hand on WordPress.com
Link to ‘A Rebel Hand’ website
Category Archives: Website
Do you spring clean? And, yes, I know that my Aussie mates will be muttering “it’s autumn!” But here there are crocuses peeping out and I’m getting that hopeful feeling. Mind you, it’s not too late for a frost, and … Continue reading
It’s New Year’s Eve, a time when people drink too much look back on the past year and assess their achievements – and the things that didn’t quite go to plan. And it’s too easy for many of us to … Continue reading
Have you noticed? Did you wonder if you’d come to the right site? After using a custom (very attractive) header, I’ve changed it to match the header on the website for A Rebel Hand: Nicholas Delaney of 1798. Images used … Continue reading
I’m the great-great- (breathe) great-grandchild of an extraordinary man. Nicholas Delaney was a landless peasant caught up in the bloody uprising of 1798 in Ireland. Accused of murder on the word of a notorious liar, he was sentenced to death. … Continue reading