Search A Rebel Hand
Posts people go to most
- Was Sarah murdered? Is she a famous ghost?
- The Trial of Nicholas Delaney: Murderer or Victim?
- Australia's oldest bridge revisited
- Celestina's life in Millbank Prison: a Christmas tale pt 22
- How did Nicholas Delaney die? A murder mystery (Trove Tuesday post)
- The Factory above the Gaol - women convicts in 1818
- Follow A Rebel Hand on WordPress.com
Link to ‘A Rebel Hand’ website
Tag Archives: New South Wales
The Shoestring Genealogist here, just popping in to make sure you know that the New South Wales census for 1891 is now online at Family Search – with images! And free to everyone! I had to have a look. There’s … Continue reading
This is a tale of larceny and pubs – and a certain amount of naivety. The combination was disastrous for James Thomas Richards, a 20-year-old Thames waterman, and lucky for me, since he’s my great-great grandfather and met my 2x … Continue reading
I’ve been scratching my head over this blog post. Shelley from Twigs of Yore has challenged us to write about the work one of our ancestors did and I’ve decided to stick with Nicholas Delaney because I’ve got so much … Continue reading
Reading other genealogy and family history blogs and posts is inspiring. One idea I’ve been impressed by is having a timeline of the historical background to someone’s life. So here is what was happening in Australia during the time Nicholas … Continue reading