Search A Rebel Hand
Posts people go to most
- Was Sarah murdered? Is she a famous ghost?
- How did Nicholas Delaney die? A murder mystery (Trove Tuesday post)
- Nicholas Delaney and the Royal Botanic Garden, Sydney
- Did Nicholas build the oldest bridge in Australia?
- Tombstone Tuesday: Sarah's haunted grave
- The Royal Botanic Garden, Sydney, is 200 years old!
- Follow A Rebel Hand on WordPress.com
Link to ‘A Rebel Hand’ website
Tag Archives: Royal Botanic Garden Sydney
It’s today! Sydney’s Royal Botanic Garden is 200 years old on June 13, 2016. Happy birthday! We’ve seen why this day is the bicentenary – it’s because this is when Nicholas Delaney and his convict road gang finished building Mrs … Continue reading
Descendants of Nicholas Delaney, the man who built Mrs Macquarie’s Road in Sydney, celebrate its 200th anniversary Continue reading
The Royal Botanic Garden in Sydney is 200 years old on June 13, 2016. Happy Birthday! And the bicentenary’s on that day because of another birthday and the crafty planning of an Irish ex-convict – Nicholas Delaney, my great-great-great grandfather. … Continue reading
If you visit the Royal Botanic Garden in Sydney, take a few minutes to look for a small bridge over a stream near the Wollemi Pine, ‘Australia’s homegrown Christmas tree’, close to the information booth. This is the Macquarie Culvert. … Continue reading