Search A Rebel Hand
Posts people go to most
- Was Sarah murdered? Is she a famous ghost?
- Tombstone Tuesday: Sarah's haunted grave
- Vinegar Hill - the Irish rebels' last stand
- Irish research - online parish registers from NLI for 2015
- Order 'A Rebel Hand'
- The cook, the thieves, the prostitute and the postillion - convicts transported to Australia
- Follow A Rebel Hand on WordPress.com
Link to ‘A Rebel Hand’ website
Tag Archives: Female Factory
When my great-great-great grandmother Sarah Marshall stumbled off the convict transport Friendship on January 14, 1818, she emerged from a traumatic journey of confinement and scurvy which became notorious for ‘indecent and licentious intercourse’ to find herself in an … Continue reading