Search A Rebel Hand
Posts people go to most
- Was Sarah murdered? Is she a famous ghost?
- Did Nicholas build the oldest bridge in Australia?
- On board the convict ship (for Australian National Family History Week)
- Vinegar Hill - the Irish rebels' last stand
- Celestina at the Old Bailey: a Christmas tale pt 16
- Celestina arrives at Millbank Prison: a Christmas tale pt 21
- Follow A Rebel Hand on WordPress.com
Link to ‘A Rebel Hand’ website
Tag Archives: Carnew
At Boolavogue as the sun was setting O’er the bright May meadows of Shelmalier, A rebel hand set the heather blazing and brought the neighbours from far and near. That’s the first verse of the song Boolavogue, which tells the … Continue reading
Well, Graham Norton’s great-great-great grandfather and my g-g-g grandfather, to be strictly accurate. They would have known each other. They probably wanted to kill each other. (Luckily, I quite like him and he doesn’t know I exist, so that’s all … Continue reading